Monday, March 11, 2019

Impostors

I've used the handle "Triedit" since 1999. A lot of people are also using it and many of them I'm not too pleased to be "associated" with.

My first clue was on twitter. I was getting notifications on posts I had nothing to do with. Posts were tagged with I triedit online--which is a sex toy seller. We chatted and worked it out so that she remembers to type it as triedit.online . Then there is Instagram. Lots of people tagging with #Triedit. Now, I have an instagram account but have yet to post anything there. And I most certainly did not post THIS:

There are "quotes" too...https://www.yourquote.in/tags/triedit/quotes

And T-shirts

There's even a file on your computer- triedit.dll I don't know what it does, but it is NOT a virus of any kind.

There's a youtube video and even an entry in Urban Dictionary defining "Tried'it" as A person who has made an attempt at doing something amazing, cool, awsome or even witty and FAILS miserably. That person has "tried'it." That one is more correct than I'd like to admit.









This facebook is not me but this one is



A good rule of thumb when trying to figure out if something is really mine; look for my logo. My wonderful friend Trish Ess designed it for me years ago. If you see this, there's a good chance it is actually connected to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greta's World

I've been thinking a lot about Greta Thunberg.  She will be 17 in a couple of weeks and is an amazing young activist.  Hats off to her p...